1/1 Photo of Schlotzsky's Asian Chicken Wrap
Galley Wench's Note:
One of my favorite sandwiches is Schlotzsky's Asian Chicken Wrap. Found the ingredients but was unable to find the actual recipe. This is my version. Tonkatsu is a Japanese sauce that this available in most supermarkets or make your own, recipe included. Do not leave out the cilantro . . it's the most important ingredient. Cooking time includes making your own Tonkatsu sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Tonkatsu Sauce (use 1 cup or make your own sauce)
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1Make Japanese Tonkatsu sauce:.
- 2In small sauce pan combine catsup, Worcestershire sauce, sake, ginger, garlic and sugar.
- 3Bring to a boil over medium heat for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally, skimming off any foam.
- 4Sauce will keep in the refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
- 5Marinate chicken breast in 1/2 cup of Tankatsu sauce.
- 6Grill chicken and finely chop.
- 7Build Wraps:.
- 8Lay out four sandwich wraps (tortillas).
- 9Down center divide chicken.
- 10Add shredded romaine and iceberg lettuce, julienne carrots, fresh cilantro, toasted almonds and sweet chili pepper.
- 11Top each with 2 tablespoons tonkatsu sauce (recipe above).
- 12Roll: Bring in sides and roll from bottom to top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schlotzsky's Asian Chicken Wrap
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.9
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.8 mg
- Sodium 802.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 22.0 g
- Protein 24.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: