Recipe by Mille®
This is also good made with jumbo lump crabmeat, but "Schlobster Crab" just doesn't have the same ring to it, does it?
Top Review by redwine
I used part stock from cooking lobster in place of some of the half & half,only because I'm watching fat intake. This was delicious served on pasta with a green salad along side.
- 3 ounces unsalted butter
- 3⁄8 cup flour
- 28 fluid ounces hot water
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 16 fluid ounces half-and-half
- 2 fluid ounces white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon other seafood seasoning
- 1 lb lobster meat (or a little more)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Blend in the flour and stir until well blended and bubbly, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the hot water, mustard and half and half.
- Heat for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the wine, Old Bay and lobster meat.
- Stir until heated throughout.
- Serve over puff pastry shells, toast points, or your favourite pasta.