Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
This is a very easily prepared dish which deceives by its simplicity, it is FABULOUS!!! We loved this, made exactly as described and served with steamed green vegetables, this is a real keeper for me. Thank you, made for Alphabet tag game and Loved!!!! :D NB I did add some crispy fried onions to the breadcrumb topping, just because I had them in the fridge
- 59.14 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 226.79 g wide egg noodles, cooked al dente and drained
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 473.18 ml cooked ham, chopped
- 2.46 ml caraway seed
- 0.25 ml ground mace
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14-118.29 ml milk (optional)
- 118.29 ml fine breadcrumbs (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Butter a 2-quart casserole. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook the onion in the butter to soften. Add the cooked, drained noodles to the pan and stir to coat well. Add the sour cream and beaten eggs, stirring to mix. Mix in the ham, caraway seeds, mace and pepper. Add the milk to lighten the mixture, if needed.
- Turn into prepared casserole. Top with bread crumbs, if desired, and paprika for color.
- Bake 40-45 minutes. Do not freeze this casserole.