Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick meal to make and a way to use up that left over ham.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked ham
- 8 ounces medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- saute onion until soft and golden.
- Add ham and cook over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add noodles, salt, pepper and caraway seeds and mix together.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring frequently.
This was quick and easy to make and tasted really good! We are making this a regular part of our menu here!
Was this a Germany recipe? It sounded so much like the recipe that my mother-in-law used to make that I thought I would try it. Some of the spices seem to be missing. It did not have the taste that I remembered. I do not know what it was missing, but I thought that it was supposed to be more spicy. This seemed to have a very bland taste.