Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
I clipped this recipe from the newspaper over twenty years ago. When it was just DH & I, this was a favorite. The kids aren't so fond of spicy foods, so I don't serve it often anymore. The first time I served it, I used the wrong spices for "heat" by mistake. When I checked the conversion later on, it turned out to be twelve times too hot. DH should've gotten a medal for eating it. But when the spices are balanced, this is a great dish.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 chicken breasts, boned,skinned,& cut into thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups julienne carrots
- 1 (6 ounce) package snow peas, thawed & drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large skillet, over high heat, heat oil.
- Add garlic& saute 1 minute.
- Add chicken& stir fry till pieces turn white.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, ginger,& Tobasco sauce.
- Add to skillet along with carrots.
- Stir fry for 3 minutes.
- Add snow peas& stir fry for 3 minutes longer.