Recipe by FLKeysJen
Take a trip to India tonight! Adapted from Looneyspoons: Low-Fat Food Made Fun, this flavorful Vegan dish serves 4-6 as a one-pot meal or 6-8 as a side dish.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 709.77 ml sliced mushrooms
- 354.88 ml chopped carrots
- 946.36 ml vegetable broth (can use chicken broth for non-vegan version)
- 236.59 ml uncooked long grain white rice
- 236.59 ml dried red lentils, soaked in water overnight and rinsed
- 14.79 ml grated gingerroot
- 7.39 ml ground coriander
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground turmeric
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 170.09 g packagefresh Baby Spinach
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add garlic, mushrooms and carrots. Cook for five minutes, stirring often, until vegetables are softened.
- Add broth, rice, lentils, ginger root, coriander, cumin, turmeric, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spinach and green onions. Cover and simmer for 3-4 more minutes, or until rice and lentils are tender. Remove from heat and serve immediately.