1/1 Photo of Scenter Steamed Eggplant (Aubergine) With Chicken.
This recipe was modified to be used with the Black and Decker Scented Steamer Plus. It serves two as a main dish or 4-6 as a side dish. Modified from a recipe by Jeff Lim@Chef#166107
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1Marinate chicken and marinade ingredients together. It can be marinated for an hour or overnight.
- 2Fill scenter spice bowl with scenter spices. Fill water to high water line.
- 3Place chicken and marinade mixture in rice bowl and cook for 15-20 minutes. I like my eggplant a little firm but if you like yours softer cook the meat a little less time. There should be a total cooking time of 25-30 mimutes.
- 4While the chicken mixture is cooking. Slice eggplant and sprinkle with paprika. Tear the green onion pieces lengthwise.
- 5Remove rice bowl from steamer. Layer eggplant with green onion pieces. Top layers of eggplant with chicken mixture. Cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- 6Serve on a bed of spinach.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scenter Steamed Eggplant (Aubergine) With Chicken.
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 349.7
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1097.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 32.0 g