Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe is Gluten Free and appropriate for us as we follow the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. It comes from the 'Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet' by Raman Prasad. Note: If you don't have a tight fitting lid to put on top of the pan it will not cook the top of the omelet. Perhaps in this situation you may be able to put it under the griller to finish off the top of it.
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Sauté the onion and bell pepper in a little of the oil for about 4 minutes and then add zucchini and continue stirring until zucchini is mostly cooked, about 10 minutes or so.
- Pour the eggs over the top of the vegetables in pan and add salt, pepper, sun-dried tomatoes and almond slivers.
- Cover the top with the grated cheese and then put the lid on the top of the pan. Reduce heat and wait for the eggs to set. The omelette puffs up a bit as it cooks and when you put a knife through it there is no runny egg left in the middle of it when it is ready to serve.