Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Gluten Free recipe from Raman Prasad's 'Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.'
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven 170 C (325 F), grease an oven proof baking dish.
- Steam cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Saute beef until brown, add cumin, salt and pepper and stir until beef is cooked, about 20 minutes.
- Add onions and cook.
- Remove pan from stove, add lemon juice and transfer to oven proof baking dish.
- Mash cauliflower with butter then spread over top of baking dish.
- Add grated cheese to top and bake for 15-20 minutes.
Great recipe. Easy to make and very filling. My husband and went back for seconds!