Recipe by CathWithKids
This recipe was originally from http://happybelly.posterous.com/butter-chicken-a-la-gapsscd and is appropriate for us on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. (Rice for family members not affected)
- 3 chicken breasts, skinned and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup water, 1/2 to 3/4 cup of water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt, celtic, to taste
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 cups raw rice, cooked (illegal, for other family members)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice.
- Heat olive oit to brown chicken in batches and reserve.
- Heat butter, cook onion until soft, add ginger and garlic and spices, continue cooking a couple of minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt. Then add chicken.
- Add water until chicken is about covered and boil before simmering for 30 minutes.
- Stir in yogurt immediately before serving.