Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a gluten free recipe appropriate for us on the Specific Carbohydrate Diet. It comes from Raman Prasad's 'Recipes for the Specific Carbohydrate Diet.' Rice is illegal and for those family members not affected.
- 2 cups raw rice, cooked (illegal, this is for other family members)
- 3 broccoli, cut into florets
- 500 g beef, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cook rice.
- Steam broccoli for 10 minutes.
- Saute garlic for 3 minutes in half of the sesame oil, add beef, salt and pepper and stir for 20 minutes.
- Increase heat to high and add broccoli, continue stir frying for 2 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Place remaining sesame oil into pan and saute sesame seeds for up to 1 minute. Sprinkle this over the dishes and serve immediately.