1/1 Photo of Scarlet's Lemon Crumb Muffins
1 hr 20 mins
Hill Family's Note:
So much work but oh so good. Just the right amount of lemon flavor and with the topping ... fantastic.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups pastry flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 lemons, fresh
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 1To make muffins: Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- 2Grate the rind of 5 lemons; set the juice aside.
- 3Whisk eggs; add sour cream, melted butter, and lemon juice; whisk until smooth.
- 4Fold in the lemon rind.
- 5Fold flour mixture and sugar into the egg mixture.
- 6Blend well.
- 7To make streusel:.
- 8Sift sugar and flour together.
- 9Add softened butter, work into dry ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- 10To make glaze: Stir sugar and lemon juice together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- 11Spray muffin tins.
- 12Fill with lemon muffin batter.
- 13Top each muffin with streusel.
- 14Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
- 15Poke muffins with a toothpick to make sure they are done.
- 16Drizzle top with lemon glaze.
- 17Remove from muffin tin and store in airtight container.
- 18Note: Batter can be kept in fridge for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scarlet's Lemon Crumb Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (3892 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.8 mg
- Sodium 164.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g