So much work but oh so good. Just the right amount of lemon flavor and with the topping ... fantastic.
- To make muffins: Sift flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Grate the rind of 5 lemons; set the juice aside.
- Whisk eggs; add sour cream, melted butter, and lemon juice; whisk until smooth.
- Fold in the lemon rind.
- Fold flour mixture and sugar into the egg mixture.
- Blend well.
- To make streusel:.
- Sift sugar and flour together.
- Add softened butter, work into dry ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- To make glaze: Stir sugar and lemon juice together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Spray muffin tins.
- Fill with lemon muffin batter.
- Top each muffin with streusel.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 18-20 minutes.
- Poke muffins with a toothpick to make sure they are done.
- Drizzle top with lemon glaze.
- Remove from muffin tin and store in airtight container.
- Note: Batter can be kept in fridge for up to 1 week.