Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was given to me by an old friend. I have had lots of people ask for it. Quick to prepare and also good for unexpected guests.
- 1 medium cooked chicken
- 1 (225 g) can mushrooms or 1 (225 g) cancook fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet mushroom soup mix
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons port wine
- Cut chicken into small pieces and place in casserole.
- Put mushrooms on top.
- Mix mushroom soup, milk and cream; place on heat and stir until thickened.
- Take off heat and add curry powder and sherry.
- Stir well and pour over chicken.
- Heat through at 150°C for 30-45 minutes.
- Serve over rice with side veggies of boiled carrots and peas.
- A great dish for entertaining.