Barb Gertz's Note:
This is a VERY good Alfredo dish, My Daughter made it at Christime time when she was here. Everyone loved it and ask for the recipe. Even my picky grandson wanted the recipe.The Recipe can be doubled as this is what she did, It was delicious. I don't know where she got the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 chicken breast, skined and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 -8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- garlic, lots of it,peeled and minced (I use about 6 cloves, depends on size)
- 1/4 cup butter, more if you like
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cream, can use light cream for lower fat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons water or 3 tablespoons broth
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more or less)
- 4 -6 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 1In a non-stick pan, cook chicken until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- 2Remove to bowl.
- 3In same pan melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 4Saute Mushrooms over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- 5Add some of the garlic and cook until mushrooms are done.
- 6Remove to same bowl as chicken.
- 7Melt the rest of the Butter and add the rest of the minced garlic.
- 8Cook a couple of minutes,BUT DO NOT brown garlic.
- 9Add chicken broth and bring to boil, cook 3 to 4 minuted.
- 10Add cream and bring to boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 11Add corn starch mixture to thicken a bit.
- 12Add Parmesan cheese.
- 13Salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scarface ( Chicken Mushroom Alfredo)
Serving Size: 1 (386 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.9
- Calories from Fat 881
- Total Fat 97.9 g
- Saturated Fat 58.0 g
- Cholesterol 339.3 mg
- Sodium 1261.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 42.1 g