Recipe by Barb G.
This is a VERY good Alfredo dish, My Daughter made it at Christime time when she was here. Everyone loved it and ask for the recipe. Even my picky grandson wanted the recipe.The Recipe can be doubled as this is what she did, It was delicious. I don't know where she got the recipe.
- 1 chicken breast, skined and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 -8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- garlic, lots of it,peeled and minced (I use about 6 cloves, depends on size)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, more if you like
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream, can use light cream for lower fat
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in
- 3 tablespoons water or 3 tablespoons broth
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (more or less)
- 4 -6 ounces cooked penne pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a non-stick pan, cook chicken until opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove to bowl.
- In same pan melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Saute Mushrooms over medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add some of the garlic and cook until mushrooms are done.
- Remove to same bowl as chicken.
- Melt the rest of the Butter and add the rest of the minced garlic.
- Cook a couple of minutes,BUT DO NOT brown garlic.
- Add chicken broth and bring to boil, cook 3 to 4 minuted.
- Add cream and bring to boil, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add corn starch mixture to thicken a bit.
- Add Parmesan cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.