Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple and delicious sandwich. Fresh herbs are absolutely essential! Also good with added basil. The butter creates a richer sandwich but can be omitted.
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices bread
- Hard boil the egg (7-10 minutes) and remove the shell.
- Roughly mash the egg and add butter, mayonnaise and herbs. Mix well.
- Spread on bread and cover with other slice of bread. ;-).
Made this recipe as given, although I doubled it for the 2 of us, & we were absolutely satisfied with how nicely the fresh herbs flavored this sandwich! Wonderful! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in this Spring's round of Pick A Chef]
This makes a nice change of pace from the usual egg salad. I did add the butter, and liked the combination immensely. Thanks for posting!