Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A classic soup (served hot or cold) for garlic lovers. If scapes are not available at a specialty shop or farmer's market, use 1/4 cup sliced garlic. If you like spicy soups, add a few drops of chili oil.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped garlic scapes
- 1 cup sliced leek
- 2 cups diced peeled red potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- salt, & freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Heat butter in pot over medium-high heat; add scapes& leaks and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add potatoes& saute until softened slightly, about 2 minutes longer.
- Add stock& bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium& simmer for 10 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
- Puree in food processor or with a hand immersion blender.
- Add cream& seasonings to taste.
- Simmer for 5 minutes to blend flavours.
- Stir in parsley.
Very Very good, I let the scape brown a little that gave the soup a nice roasted taste, and i used superior touch "Better Than Bouillon", which worked out great and i did not have to add salt. It gave the soup a wonderful richness. I will have to take a trip to the farm and get some more scape!!