Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A recipe found in Taste.com. Can't wait for summer to try this.
- 250 g kipfler potatoes, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers, baby salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 lebanese cucumbers, sliced into ribbons
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon flaked sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 500 g prawns, tiger cooked, peeled, leaving tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon dill, finely chopped
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 4 slices pumpernickel bread
- baby butter lettuce leaf, to serve
- good-quality whole-egg mayonnaise, to serve
- Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Place over high heat and bring to the boil. Cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain potatoes and set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Cut into 1cm-thick slices and place in a bowl. Add the oil, mustard and capers and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, vinegar, salt and sugar in a small bowl and set aside for 10 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Combine the prawns and chopped dill in small bowl.
- Arrange the potato salad, cucumber salad, prawns, salmon, bread and lettuce on serving plates or platter.
- Serve immediately with mayonnaise, if desired.
I made this seafood platter for nice Saturday lunch with DH. We felt like we were transported to Scandinavia! The flavors were authentic and our lunch delightful. Made for the Scandinavian Seafood Challenge for Mike and the Appliance Killers ZWT 9.