Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A wonderful use for canned or leftover salmon. Nice sauce for a bit of panache. Received in email - thanks Scandi pride!
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (plus 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 lb salmon, fresh cooked, flaked (6 1/2 ounces canned salmon, drained, flaked fine too)
- 1 pie shell, baked, cooled (9 inch)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- Beat eggs in large bowl; add milk, butter, 2 tablespoons of the parsley, onion, 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and mustard; mix well.
- Fold in cheese and salmon; pour into cooled pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until just set and crust is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Combine sour cream, cucumber, remaining 1 tablespoon parsley, dill, remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice and pepper; mix well. Dollop each serving with sour cream mixture.
This salmon cheddar pie has my favorite two components: easy to make and delicious! I like that! I made two pies for a dinner party and there wasn't a crumb left. Bravo!
This is an absolute favorite of my family and friends. I never make just one--it is usully 3 or 4 and everyone takes leftovers. I highly recommend you give this a try. I have actually had this recipe for over 10 years. I always serve it with a spinach salad. YUM