1 1/2 Pound Loaf
- 1 1⁄4 cups beer
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- *Note-use a food mill to grind the seasonings, for a smoother flavor and texture.
- Measure ingredients into baking pan in the order recommended by the manufacturer.
- Insert pan into the oven chamber.
- Select Basic Cycle.
- When the baking cycle ends, immediately remove the bread from the pan and place it on a rack.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing.