2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 30 mins
This is from the Fleishmann's yeast site. I'm posting because of a request. I haven't made this recipe, so please let me know how it turns out. Prep time includes time for rising.
My Private Note
8x4 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3/4 cup medium rye flour
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 2 -2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- 2Add molasses, salt, dry milk powder, vegetable oil, orange peel, anise seed, fennel seed, rye flour, dates, and 1 cup all-purpose flour, and mix well to combine.
- 3Stir in 1 to 1½ cups more all-purpose flour, to make a soft dough.
- 4Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead about 6 to 8 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- 5Cover and let rest 10 minutes.
- 6Roll dough into 12 x 7-inch rectangle.
- 7Beginning at the end, roll up tightly; pinch seam and ends to seal.
- 8Place, seam side down, in greased 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- 9Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- 10Bake at 375º for 30 to 35 minutes or until done.
- 11Remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Rye Bread
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1817.2
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 2447.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 327.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.1 g
- Sugars 61.0 g
- Protein 44.2 g