Recipe by Studentchef
For ZWT#6. This is from the booklet Inspired by Compliments, an in-house brand of the IGA supermarket chain. The booklet comes out every few months and is supposed to promote the brand. The recipe calls for maple pepper flavoured smoked salmon. Zaar won't let me write this but you could use either red or white potatoes, and they shoul be mini or baby potatoes
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 1⁄2 lb green beans, trimmed ad sliced diagonally
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, style dressing
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 400 g smoked salmon, strips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut potatoes into wedges and steam until fork tender, about 18 minutes. Add green beans during the last 2 minutes of cooking, and then let it cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, whisk together viniger, honey, mustard, mayonnaise and oil.
- Roughly cut salmon into chuncks, and to dressing along with the potatoes, green beans, parsley, and green onions. Toss gently, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Either serve warm or let refrigerate to serve chilled.