Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
My good friend, who is from Northern Europe, shared this recipe with me. The outside of these light cookies are crusted with chopped pecans.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Cream the butter, sugar, and egg yolk together until well combined.
- Gradually stir in the flour.
- Beat the egg white until frothy.
- Roll the dough into 1in. balls. Dip into the egg white, the roll in the chopped pecans.
- Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets; flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375*F (190*C) for 9-12 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.