- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, brown sugar and egg yolk.
- Gradually add flour.
- Roll into 1 inch balls.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white.
- Dip balls in egg white, then roll in pecans.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 375°F for 8-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.