1/1 Photo of Scandinavian Kringler
1 hr 30 mins
From the "Favorite Recipes" cookbook of the members of Christ the King Lutheran Church, Mankato, MN.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Measure 1 cup flour into mixing bowl.
- 2Using a pastry blender, cut 1/2 cup butter into flour until particles are size of small peas.
- 3Sprinkle with water, 1 tablespoon at a time, mixing lightly with a fork until flour mixture is moistened and soft dough forms.
- 4Divide dough in half.
- 5On ungreased cookie sheet, press each half into a 12x3 inch strip.
- 6In medium saucepan, heat water and 1/2 cup butter to boiling.
- 7Remove from heat; immediately stir in 1 cup flour until smooth.
- 8Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until smooth after each addition.
- 9Stir in 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- 10Spoon over crust, spreading to 3/4 inch from edges.
- 11Bake 50-60 minutes until golden brown and puffy- Cool.
- 12Blend powdered sugar, butter, almond extract and milk until smooth.
- 13Frost, sprinkle with nuts.
- 14Cut into 10-12 slices to serve.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Kringler
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 335.2
- Calories from Fat 192
- Total Fat 21.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.0 mg
- Sodium 196.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 4.7 g