Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Nothing beats a grilled cheese sandwich and this one is inspired by Scandinavian cuisine. This recipe is from a Canadian cheese magazine. Enjoy!
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 6 1⁄2 ounces havarti cheese, sliced
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Evenly distribute cheese, salmon and dill on four slices of bread.
- Top with remaining 4 slices of bread.
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat and cook sandwiches approximately 5 minutes on each side or until bread is toasty and cheese is melted.
I love salmon, I love grilled cheese, I love dill pickles. All those flavors in one sandwich - how could you go wrong? Made for ZWT9.
Good sandwich. I used the cocktail pumpernickel as that's all I could find. The combination of the salmon with the havarti was delish. Thanks Nif for sharing. Made for ZWT9.