Recipe by Maryland Jim
This was found in a fundraising cookbook.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I almost always enjoy fruit soups, & your recipe makes a very satisfying one, for sure! I did use a package of mixed fruit, but another time I might just pick & choose what dried fruit I want to include, like chopped apricot, date, apple, peach, pear & . . . ! Used some not-terribly-sweet strawberry syrup ~ REALLY GREAT, & thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]
- 1 (11 ounce) package mixed dried fruit
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup fruit syrup (raspberry or strawberry pancake syrup)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 thin lemon slices
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
Directions See How It's Made
- In a kettle, cut large fruit into quarters and soak in water 1 hour.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Add raspberry or strawberry syrup, cinnamon, salt, and lemon; cook until soft.
- Stir in wine and tapioca.
- Cook an additional 10 minutes, stirring constantly until tapioca is clear.
- Serve warm or chilled as either first course or dessert.