Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Found this in a fund raising cookbook. Have not tried it yet. Submitting for ZWT3.
- 4 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, sliced
- bibb lettuce
- Section oranges over small bowl to cathc juice.
- Measure juice and add water to equal 1/2 cup of liquid.
- In small saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, aniseed and dry mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine fruits, toss with syrup.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Spoon in to lettuce-lined bowls.
Very nice flavor. I liked the subtle flavor of the anise, but next time might strain the syrup to avoid any surprising bits of uncrushed anise. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious fruit salad with ingredients that are available year round. Thanks for sharing this keeper!