Recipe by Maryland Jim
Found this in a fund raising cookbook. Have not tried it yet. Submitting for ZWT3.
- 4 medium oranges
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 4 medium apples, cored and sliced
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup dried fig, sliced
- bibb lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- Section oranges over small bowl to cathc juice.
- Measure juice and add water to equal 1/2 cup of liquid.
- In small saucepan, combine orange juice, sugar, lemon juice, aniseed and dry mustard. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Combine fruits, toss with syrup.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Spoon in to lettuce-lined bowls.