1/1 Photo of Scandinavian Fruit Bread ( Julekage)
1 hr 5 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A delicious fruit bread, Great for toast. Recipe comes from Recipegoldmine.com. Time does not include time for rising.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7.08 g package dry yeast
- 59.14 ml warn water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 177.44 ml lukewarm milk (scaled, then cooled)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cardamom
- 1 egg
- 59.14 ml shortening
- 59.14 ml raisins
- 78.07 ml cut-up citron or 78.07 ml mixed candied fruit
- 768.91-828.06 ml flour
- butter, softened
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large mixer bowl.
- 2Add milk, sugar, salt, cardamom, egg, shortening, raisins, citron and 2 cups flour.
- 3Beat on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, 30 seconds.
- 4Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl occasionally, 2 minutes.
- 5Stir in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- 6Turn dough onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- 7Place in greased bowl; turn greased side up.
- 8Cover; let rise in warm place until double, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 9Dough is ready if indentation remains when touched.
- 10Punch dough down; shape into round loaf.
- 11Place in greased 9 inch-round pan.
- 12Brush top lightly with butter; let rise until about double, about 45 minutes.
- 13Preheat oven to 350°F, bake until loaf is golden brown, 35 to 45 minutes.
- 14Brush with butter.
- 15Make glaze by mixing powdered sugar and water until smooth and the desired consistency.
- 16Spread glaze on top.
- 17Cool on wire rack.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Fruit Bread ( Julekage)
Serving Size: 1 (981 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2914.7
- Calories from Fat 607
- Total Fat 67.5 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 237.1 mg
- Sodium 1340.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 520.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.0 g
- Sugars 190.3 g
- Protein 58.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: