Prep 50 mins
Cook 50 mins
Cookies for world tour!
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup enriched flour
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup chopped nuts
- tart jelly
- Cream butter. Add sugar gradually. Add egg yolk. Beat until light. Blend in flour. Chill 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Roll dough into small balls about 1 inch in diameter. Slightly beat egg white with fork. Dip cookies in egg white.
- Roll in chopped nuts.
- Place on greased cookie sheet, making a depression in centers.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 15 minutes. Press down centers again. Drop jelly in center. Continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes.
Came out looking nice, but I think I would like them a little more sweeter then they were. My boyfriend liked them gave the cookies 4 stars!
These were wonderful little treats. I used walnuts and blackberry jelly.
Excellant light, crispy, delicious cookie Blue Rose. A new family favourite. I used coconut instead of nuts because of dh's allergy, and I also used wild blueberry and concord grape jelly. The cookies turned out great. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe with all of us.