Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy salad recipe that is perfect for the summer. Great with BBQ food! The Tarragon wine vinegar really gives this a wonderful flavor. It should chill for at least 2 hours before serving. Recipe adapted from Scandinavian Spice Company for the Zaar World Tour II.
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 3 small unpeeled cucumbers
- Thinly slice unpeeled cucumbers - use can use a mandolin or slicer for nice paper thin slices. Should be about 3 cups.
- Whisk sour cream, parsley, vinegar, sugar, and chives in a small bowl.
- Fold in sliced cucumbers.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours.
Served this with pulled pork sammies. perfect fit. I used the miniature cucumbers and greek yogurt in place of the sour cream. I did find it needed a bit of salt. :)
Made this as a side dish today for dinner and it was really good. I love cucumbers and this was a great way to serve them!
Made this with regular vinegar, didn't have any tarragon or parsley, so I used a couple tsp fresh dill. Needed to use up a sweet salad onion, so I used that instead of the chives. The sauce is superb...not to thin, and just enough sweetness. I did add a little salt to taste.