Recipe by dicentra
This comes from 1000 Great Recipes. Posting for ZWT3. “This unusual salad is particularly complementary to hot and spicy food.”
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, snipped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the cucumbers as thin as possible, preferably in a food processor or with a slicer.
- Place the slices in layers in a colander set over a plate to catch the juices.
- Sprinkle each layer evenly, but not too heavily, with salt.
- Leave the cucumbers to drain for up to 2 hours, then lay out the slices on a clean dish towel and pat them dry.
- Mix the cucumber with the herbs, sour cream and plenty of pepper. Serve immediately.