Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'm posting this one for the Zaar World Tour 2005!
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 120 g flour
- 200 ml sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cardamom or 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until foamy.
- Add the flour, sour cream and cardamom (or ginger).
- Beat the melted butter into the dough and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
- Heat your waffle iron and fill with batter, bake 4 to 6 goldenbrown waffles and serve with jam.
These were good! I used Cardamom in it. They were good with just butter on them as well as with syrup. These were easy to make. I will be making these again and try them with fresh fruit. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
My 5-year old daughter and I made these for brunch and ate them with a variety of spreads (mostly jams) and they were very good. I thought they had enough sweetness and mild flavor that they could be dusted with powdered sugar and eaten alone.
Excellent waffles. I found them a bit hard to remove from the waffle iron as they were a softer type waffle. They were very creamy in flavor and paired well with fresh fruit and whipped cream. Thank you for sharing your recipe!