3 hrs 25 mins
Lou van's Note:
I often cook this for either Christmas Day (for a change from turkey etc) or for Boxing Day. We love it with creamed potatoes (Scandinavian style, but I'm sure Lyonnaise potatoes would go really well) and red cabbage (not the pickled sort).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 325F / 160°C.
- 2Cut a deep pocket in the cavity of the ham.
- 3Combine prunes, onion, apple and applesauce.
- 4Stuff ham with apple mixture, overlap and secure ends.
- 5Score the fat and place fat side up in a shallow roasting pan.
- 6Pour consomme over the ham.
- 7Roast for 30 - 35mins per pound, basting often.
- 8When cooked transfer to a dish and keep warm, retain the juices.
- 9Remove the fat from the pan juices and discard.
- 10Bring the juices to a boil on the hob and cook for 5 minutes.
- 11Add redcurrant jelly, orange juice, port and salt and simmer for 10 -15 minutes.
- 12Serve the gravy with the ham.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Christmas Ham With Prunes
Serving Size: 1 (521 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 720.4
- Calories from Fat 176
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 176.9 mg
- Sodium 5513.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 34.9 g
- Protein 78.4 g