Recipe by Chef PotPie
We love cabbage! I'm submitting this recipe for ZWT '07, but we're definitely going to make this soon!
Top Review by morgainegeiser
My sister and I are cooking for the ZWT6 this weekend, we served this tonight for our husband's and they both liked the chicken legs with the cheese and cabbage. They both grew up with Swedish cooking, so they enjoyed this dish.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 chicken legs (about 3 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Mix flour, seasoned salt and celery seeds in a resealable plastic bag. Add chicken legs, a few at a time, to bag. Shake bag to coat chicken.
- Add chicken to skillet. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Place chicken in a medium baking dish.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add onion to skillet. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add undrained tomatoes, caraway seeds, salt and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add cabbage; mix well. Spoon over chicken.
- Cover dish with foil. Bake until chicken is cooked through, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil; sprinkle mozzarella over chicken. Bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.