Recipe by Julie B's Hive
A light fruit soup from Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Peter J
Wow this was great! The boiling and preparation method brings the flavours together beautifully and it also makes a great breakfast you can prepare the night before. I used a plain Greek yoghurt which worked really well because there is plenty of flavour in the soup that mingles with it.
- 1 (1 lb) bag unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemon slices (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon wedge
- low-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until berries are very tender, about 15 minutes. Discard lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
- Puree half of soup in blender or processor. Transfer all of soup to medium bowl and refrigerate until very cold. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.).
- Divide soup between 2 bowls or large goblets. Serve with lemon wedges and dollop of vanilla yogurt.