Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A light fruit soup from Bon Appetit.
- 1 (1 lb) bag unsweetened frozen blueberries
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 lemon slices (1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- lemon wedge
- low-fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt
- Bring first 7 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until berries are very tender, about 15 minutes. Discard lemon slices and cinnamon stick.
- Puree half of soup in blender or processor. Transfer all of soup to medium bowl and refrigerate until very cold. (Can be prepared 2 days ahead.).
- Divide soup between 2 bowls or large goblets. Serve with lemon wedges and dollop of vanilla yogurt.
Wow this was great! The boiling and preparation method brings the flavours together beautifully and it also makes a great breakfast you can prepare the night before. I used a plain Greek yoghurt which worked really well because there is plenty of flavour in the soup that mingles with it.
Oh my goodness!!! What a wonderful soup!!!! Such a cool refreshing dish for these hot summer days. Made exactly as directed with the exception of...I didn't have vanilla yogurt, so I used plain yogurt...and it worked fine. Thanks for the great recipe.