Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This makes for a tasty and hearty breakfast! Super easy to make.
- 340.19 g bacon, sliced
- 6 eggs
- 158.51 ml half-and-half
- 22.18 ml flour
- 14.79 ml dill, chopped
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 59.14 ml chives, sliced
- Fry bacon until nearly crisp. Remove and drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 T bacon grease.
- Whish together eggs, half and half, salt and pepper.
- Heat bacon grease in skillet. Add eggs and reduce heat to very low.
- Let eggs cook until a firm custardy consistency. It will take about 20 minute.
- Don't let the bottom burn.
- Lay bacon strips across top or chop bacon and sprinkle around top.
- Sprinkle with dill and chives or you can use sliced green onion tops.
- Cut in wedges to serve.
I know this is called a cake, but to me, it is an omelet and I just got a new mini omelet pan, so I had to try it out with this recipe. The directions don't include when to add the flour, but I just added the 1/2 & 1/2 to the flour to make a slurry, then added it to the egg mixture. I made 1/3 of the recipe and followed it until I reached about the 10 minute cook time, then I flipped it over for about 2 more minutes and it was done to perfection!! I served it with some fresh fruit and a potato au gratin recipe for a wonderful brunch!! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
Really tasty. A little thicker and denser than a standard omelet but still good.
this was very nice omelet mr picky was happy fellow zwt9