Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Betty Crocker NOTE: Cookie mix used is 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) packagebetty crocker sugar cookie mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 teaspoons milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 -6 teaspoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, egg, flour and 1 teaspoon almond extract until soft dough forms.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts; place on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Press each into 12x3-inch rectangle.
- Brush each rectangle with 1 teaspoon milk; sprinkle with 1/3 cup almonds.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.
- Cool 1 minute; cut into 1-inch diagonal slices.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small bowl, stir powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 5 to 6 teaspoons milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons almonds.