Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Light, but rich too! Bake in a loaf pan--this cake is an easy one for a tea or shower, but also so good for your own coffee break!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
- Beat sugar, egg, extract, and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures and add melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Grease loaf pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown. Cool in pan before removing. Cake will break if removed too soon!
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
My daughter made this for us on a recent visit..yum! Old fashioned buttery taste, not too sweet. Adding it to my file.
There are so many things that I liked about this recipe. It is super easy and very tasty and moist. I used a square baking pan instead of a loaf pan to take advantage of the beautiful almonds that are sprinkled in the pan before the batter. When you turn the cake out, they end up on top! I also added yellow raisins, which were delicious, but not needed!
Thanks so much for posting this recipe. I have the Almond Cake pan, but could not find my recipe. Everyone loves this!