Recipe by AlaskaStephanie
Light, but rich too! Bake in a loaf pan--this cake is an easy one for a tea or shower, but also so good for your own coffee break!
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar, egg, extract, and milk together.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
- Combine the two mixtures and add melted butter.
- Mix well.
- Grease loaf pan and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Pour in batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown. Cool in pan before removing. Cake will break if removed too soon!
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.