Recipe by haloifgas
I got this recipe when I bought a cool looking pan. It's meant to go in there, but would work just as well in a loaf pan. This cake is very almondy and moist!
Top Review by cherylmass
I searched for this recipe after receiving one of these cakes as a hostess gift at Christmas. I've made it on several occasions and have passed it on to others on my step by step blog; Kitchen Toys Make Cooking Fun. If you follow the directions, you should have success and a mouth watering, crave able cake! Thanks Chef for posting this recipe.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray pan with cooking spray/Pam and flour.
- Beat sugar, egg, extract, and milk well. Add flour and baking powder. Add butter.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes. Edges must be golden brown.
- Cool in pan overnight before removing. Cake will break if removed too soon.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar.