1/4 Photos of Scandinavian Almond Bread
Kiki Erickson's Note:
Great recipe from my mom -- 100% Norwegian -- very easy, very moist, delicious bread (cake)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat sugar, egg, extract, and milk, add flour and baking powder, finally add margarine.
- 2Pour into bundt cake pan sprayed with cooking spray (or specialized Scandinavian cake pan).
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50 minutes.
- 4Edges must be golden brown.
- 5Cool in pan before removing.
- 6Bread will break if removed too soon.
- 7Sprinkle with confectionary sugar.
- 8Cool cake in pan before removing as it can break apart.
- 9Variation: before pouring batter into pan, sprinkle sliced almonds on the bottom.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Almond Bread
Serving Size: 1 (41 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.7
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g