From my mothers unending box of old faded recipes
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl stir together flour,baking powder & salt.
- 2In another bowl beat sugar & butter together until light and fluffy.
- 3Add almond essence and egg then beat well.
- 4Add flour mixture and mix well.
- 5Divide dough into four. Form each into a 10' roll. Place 2 rolls 4" apart on a lined baking tray and flatten gently until 3" wide (approx).
- 6Repeat with other two rolls then bruch rolls with milk and sprinkle with almonds.
- 7Bake at 160C for 12-14 minutes. While still warm cut into 1" wide strips on an angle. Put aside to cool.
- 8To make icing mix together the icing sugar, milk and essence until glossy and smooth.
- 9Drizzle icing over the almond bars and store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (826 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.1
- Calories from Fat 109
- Total Fat 12.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 195.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g