1/4 Photos of Scandinavian Almond Bars
Katra Diesel's Note:
This has become a family favorite every year! If I don't make it my whole family teases me. I am sure that your family will love it too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- 1.23 ml salt
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml margarine or 118.29 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml sliced almonds
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2Stir together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 3In a large bowl beat margarine or butter till softened.
- 4Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- 5Add egg and the 1/2 teaspoon of almond extract and beat well.
- 6Add the flour mixture and beat till well mixed.
- 7Divide the dough into fourths, form each portion into a 12 inch roll.
- 8Place 2 of the rolls 4 to 5-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 9Flatten each roll till it is about 3 inches wide.
- 10Repeat with the remaining rolls.
- 11Brush each flattened roll with milk and sprinkle about 2 tablespoons of almonds each.
- 12Bake in a 325° oven for 12-14 minutes or till edges are lightly brown.
- 13While still warm, cut crosswise on the diagonal into 1 inch strips.
- 14Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 15Stir together the powdered sugar, the almond extract and enough of the 3-4 teaspoons of milk to make a drizzling consistency.
- 16Drizzle over the cool bars.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scandinavian Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.3
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.9 mg
- Sodium 40.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 0.8 g