Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A contest winning recipe from Taste of Home by Melva Baumer. She knows how to bake! Yummy!
Make and share this Scandianvian Almond Bars recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into fourths; form into 12-in. x 3-in. rectangles. Place 5 inches apart on greased baking sheets. Brush with milk; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until firm to the touch and edges are lightly browned. Cool on pans for 5 minutes, then cut diagonally into 1-in. slices. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioner's sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over bars.