Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
It is has a Japanese flair that is really fresh, delicious and easy to prepare.
- 600 g spaghettini
- 4 -5 roma tomatoes (de-seeded & diced)
- 4 -5 green onions (only the white part)
- 500 g tiger shrimp (30-40 prawns)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon gingerroot (minced)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 -5 fresh basil leaves (chopped or whole)
- In 1 tbsp of olive oil sauté garlic, chopped green onion whites, ginger and tomatoes till soft. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Boil pasta.
- Add Prawns and continue cooking till prawns are half way cooked.
- Once pasta is cooked to al dente rinse in hot water to remove any starch. Grandma Uyeno usually agitates the noodles by hand while rinsing to ensure the noodles are free of starch and will not stick together.
- The noodles are then transferred into a large skillet or better yet a wok with another tbsp of olive oil. Heat should be medium-low so that the pasta doesn't burn.
- Add the sautéed prawn mixture and toss with the pasta to ensure all the flavours are well distributed.
- Serve with fresh basil and your favourite grated hard Italian cheese.
Very delicious! I would make this again for sure. I made 1/4 of the recipe and the portion was very generous. The only thing I did differently was not rinse the cooked pasta. I find that the sauce doesn't stick if you do that. Made for Fall PAC. Thanks! :)