1/2 Photos of Scampini Spaghettini a La Japonaise
Chef Canada Umami's Note:
It is has a Japanese flair that is really fresh, delicious and easy to prepare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In 1 tbsp of olive oil sauté garlic, chopped green onion whites, ginger and tomatoes till soft. Season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Boil pasta.
- 2Add Prawns and continue cooking till prawns are half way cooked.
- 3Once pasta is cooked to al dente rinse in hot water to remove any starch. Grandma Uyeno usually agitates the noodles by hand while rinsing to ensure the noodles are free of starch and will not stick together.
- 4The noodles are then transferred into a large skillet or better yet a wok with another tbsp of olive oil. Heat should be medium-low so that the pasta doesn't burn.
- 5Add the sautéed prawn mixture and toss with the pasta to ensure all the flavours are well distributed.
- 6Serve with fresh basil and your favourite grated hard Italian cheese.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scampini Spaghettini a La Japonaise
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 768.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 198.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 117.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 45.9 g