Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Simple, fast, tatses great
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 lb fresh tagliatelle pasta noodles (red pepper or spinach )
- 1⁄2 medium sweet onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon and 1 tbs olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup craft beer (lager or ale)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced with a pinch of kosher salt
- 1 lemon
- 6 ounces lump crabmeat (gently picked over removing cartilage while keeping lumps in tact)
- 3 chives
- drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil (1/2 tsp)
- Bring a pot of generously salted water toa boil over high heat. Meanwhile, put a small saute pan on med-hi heat with 1 tsp olive oil, when oil shimmers add onion and cook for 5 minutes stirring very often, then pour in beer and reduce heat to medium and let onion cook to soften.
- Put a large saute pan with reamining 1 tbs olive oil over medium heat. When oil shimmers add galic and saute stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until garlic is fragrant and softened. Do not allow to brown.
- Put pasta in the boiling water and stir well.
- Add crab meat to garlic and toss gently cooking for 3 - 5 minutes until pasta is al dente.
- Drain pasta and add with onion/beer to crab toss gently to combine.
- Use tongs to plate in 2 -3 shallow bowls. garnish with chopped chives and grated rind from lemon, then drizzle with olive oil and serve immediately.