1/1 Photo of Scampi Stuffed Tilapia With Pico De Gallo #RSC
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. This ties three of my favorites: fish, shrimp scampi, and Pico de Gallo in a tasty meal! The preparation is so versatile that if you didnt want to bake this in your oven you could easily alter the recipe to take it out on the grill or even the crock pot! I created this recipe one weekend to treat my family to a flavor packed dinner plus make it easy on myself for the clean-up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped (roma or plum works best)
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 medium lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 lb shrimp (51-60 size)
- 3 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 medium fresh lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2-2 lbs fresh tilapia fillets (8 filets)
- 1/4 cup butter, cut into 12 pats
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1Tear 4 sheet of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil (12x18-inches each) set aside.
- 2Combine in a medium bowl the chopped onion, tomato, jalapeno peppers, cilantro, lime, and salt. Refrigerate for one hour or until ready to serve.
- 3Combine in another medium bowl the chopped shrimp, garlic, red bell pepper, shredded cheese, melted butter, lemon juice, parsley, and 1 1/4 cups bread crumbs. Toss to moisten evenly.
- 4Toss together in a shallow dish the remaining bread crumbs and garlic powder. Set aside.
- 5Rinse and pat dry each filet. Scoop scampi filling (about 1/3 cup heaping) and fill the center of four filets pressing to set the filling. Leave about 1/2 inch border around filet free from stuffing. Cover each with the remaining tilapia filets, pressing to seal edges together. Coat both sides of tilapia with bread crumb mixture.
- 6Place one pat of butter then stuffed filet in the center each sheet of Reynolds Wrap Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil®. Place two pats of butter on top of breaded filets then bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets and place on baking sheet.
- 7Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes until thoroughly cooked.
- 8Transfer to serving plate. Tear open each packet and serve each scampi stuffed tilapia packets with a heaping serving spoon of Pico over top of each portion.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scampi Stuffed Tilapia With Pico De Gallo #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (533 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 902.6
- Calories from Fat 482
- Total Fat 53.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.3 g
- Cholesterol 281.6 mg
- Sodium 2212.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.3 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 56.0 g