Recipe by lauralie41
A great shrimp recipe for grilling season. This is a kitchen tested recipe from a popular magazine.
Top Review by teresas
Hubby and I loved these...I cut the recipe in half and cooked the whole thing in the saucepan...I served them on decorated long toothpicks...easy and delicious...thanks for posting it...:)
- 1 lb shrimp, in shells medium (fresh or frozen approximately 26 to 30 per pound)
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, snipped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- If your shrimp is frozen, thaw before using. Peel shrimp leaving tails intact and devein.
- In a small saucepan using medium-high heat, melt margarine or butter and oil. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes; remove from the heat and stir in wine, parsley, lemon peel, and ground pepper. Set aside.
- Using 6-inch long appetizer skewers (if wooden skewers soak for at least 30 minutes in water to avoid scorching)thread shrimp, green onion, and pepper pieces and brush with garlic mixture.
- Grill the shrimp and vegetable skewers on a grill rack directly over medium heat for approximately 6 to 8 minutes or until shrimp turns pink. Turn once and brush with garlic mixture halfway through grilling. Serve immediately.