Recipe by Judith N.
Not for those who are timid about garlic! Rich and creamy sauce with shrimp. We like it over rice. Recipe by: Best of the Best from New England
Top Review by Fruitslinger
I have been looking for THE scampi recipe for the longest time...thank you...this is IT! I have made it several times now, 1st time to a "T", but have since adjusted a few things based on what I had on hand (wine + sherry, chive instead of scallion), and it has been awesome every time! I do believe that shallots are the key and should not be substituted. Thanks again!
- 10 large shrimp
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 large mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons green onions, diced
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly season shrimp to taste with salt and pepper.
- Saute in butter; turn shrimp when pink, heat through to about 350 degrees.
- Add mushrooms, shallots, garlic and green onions and saute for about 4 minutes.
- Stir frequently.
- Add sherry and simmer about 1 minute more.
- Add cream; shaking pan until sauce is thickened.
- Pour onto serving dish/dishes.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley.